Vision And Mission
Murshidabad Ursa Rural Development Society, or MURDS, is a non-governmental, secular and non-profit earning social development organization, formed by committed young men of Murshidabad, with a dream in their eyes of an equalitarian society. They meant over-all development of rural areas, where people are living in inhumane conditions.
We envision a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of the globe – hold the power to create opportunity for themselves and others.
To operate the Organisation on a sustainable financial basis of non-profitable growth, increasing value for our stakeholders and expanding opportunities for development and career growth for our employees.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ORGANIZATION
The basic Objectives of the MURDS can be described in continuation with its Social strata
- To provide livelihood development support to rural women of self help groups by enhancing integrated rural development initiatives through sustainable innovative efforts.
- To incorporate target community especially women groups in the planning, implementation and follow up of activities for ensuring sustainability.
- To enhance opportunity for improving income levels and employment opportunities of the SC/ST/OBC/ Minority & Economically weaker section of women of self help groups of the below poverty line.
- To develop and upgrade capacity and skills of the SC/ST/OBC/ Minority & Economically weaker section of women of self help groups for their socio economic empowerment.
- To ensure cent percent benefit for the beneficiaries from SC/ST/OBC/ Minority & Economically weaker section, BPL families, especially women, for their livelihood development.
- To impart Skill Development training programme.
- To provide market linkage.
- To provide sustainable supply of raw material.
- To develop a Jute Diversified Products cluster.
- To promote Women Self Help group.